Thursday, July 23, 2026

Meeting With The Head Honcho

 Here we are on Friday, my third official meeting with Meagan.  Only, this time, she's not alone.  "Rachel", the director of the shelter, has opted to sit in for this one.  Apparently, my request for written documentation of decisions made is not something normally done by the regular, destitute and desperate residents of the shelter.

Rachel starts off by apologizing for all the miscommunications from her subordinates.  I tell her I don't blame Meagan in the slightest, but DO have issues with the way I was treated by Elise. 

Rachel starts off nice enough, but eventually becomes visibly irritated when I don't seem to be cowed by her awesome presence and position, not simply "letting it go and starting over" as she insists we now do.  She starts talking about "all the other shelters around the country" I could go to.  Like Elise, subtly telling me I could leave if being treated this way wasn't to my liking.  Pretty much telling me I had no choice but to accept what had happened and be grateful I'm not being further punished for THEIR mistakes.

She tells me the story of some other resident who recently spent $1K on a gaming system instead of saving his money... but never touches on the fact that it was their fault I had to pay for a motel earlier in the week.

SO-- just to get it over with, I acquiesce to the tacit threat of eviction and agree to "start over" (i.e. stop talking about it), and am allowed to re-enter the Journey program for $250/month.  I am offered a semi-private room for $350/month (only 3 other roommates instead of up to 15) but I decline.

And that brings me to the following Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment